New Member Check-In

Welcome new members -- introduce yourselves!
Tom
Site Admin
Please take a minute to introduce yourself. I'd like for this board to be all about the community and camaraderie of fellow Porsche people. For the time being, everyone who signs up in these early days will become "charter members" so thought it would be good if we all get to know each other a little. :) I'll start:

Name: Tom M'Guinness

Current fun cars: '86 951 (3 liter, built); '21 992TTS (unreal); and '79 450SL Mercedes (dad's old car, still special)

First Porsche: 1985 3.2 Carrera --Loved that car. Ran out of money between jobs and sold it for $21,000 :(

Was hooked on Porsche's when: factory race driver gave thrill rides in a not-yet released 1983 944 at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca. He started every lap flooring it in reverse, then whipping a 180 as he slammed it into 2nd gear and kept going.

Jay Wellwood
Since the founding of this new forum, it would be nice if new members stopped by and checked-in to introduce themselves to 'the family'. 8-)

Many may be 'Rennlist Refugees' (hey, we understand :cry: ). or merely new enthusiasts.

Regardless, welcome!

Since some may (or may not know who I am), I'll lead off.

Purchased my first Porsche in 1999 - a 924S 5 speed (wish I still had that car). Then a 928$4 followed by the 968's we have now (Fred and Wilma).

Daily driver is our Cayenne Turbo (Max).

Jay

Several Krauts and a Rice burner
...looking for a Meatball

Proudly qualified in Submarines
USS Casimir Pulasksi (SSBN 633)

ChrisMcC
Any other air cooled fans out there?

Name: Chris McCleary

Current fun cars: 1989 911 Cab (one true love), 2013 Brammo electric motorcycle (bike long outlasted the company)

Tom
Site Admin
Wahoo!! Consider this a virtual confetti explosion. ChrisMcM is the 100th Carpoke to walk through the doors! Not bad considering less than a month ago @Thom became the first member and first to post here (even before me)!

ryancassidy
Hey All - Thanks Tom for setting this forum up!

Long time admire of Porsche, always had that "Poster on the wall" and finally got into my first one the other week. Put about 1k miles on her so far with a grin from ear to ear!

Here are a few pictures the dealer took the day I took delivery (I wasn't aware, nor was the salesman, but these appeared after I returned home)

Now I'm just taking the time to get it the way I want it..... Needs a really good detail of course (when the temps finally come down around here), clear side markers, black 100mm exhaust tips to match, got some of the PPF cleaned up, CF window triangle deflectors, and then just some more miles! :-)

Home is Atlanta GA if anyone is down this way. Looking forward to what comes ahead!
Attachments
GT3RS_whiteShoot-3-2.jpg
GT3RS_whiteShoot-3-2.jpg (11.03 MiB) Viewed 7293 times
GT3RS_whiteShoot-2-2.jpg
GT3RS_whiteShoot-2-2.jpg (7.85 MiB) Viewed 7293 times
GT3RS_whiteShoot-1-2.jpg
GT3RS_whiteShoot-1-2.jpg (7.71 MiB) Viewed 7293 times

Cheers,
Ryan Cassidy

ryancassidy
BTW, if you get a chance to work with Porsche Philadelphia Main Line, do it. Literally, from the time I landed at PHL airport to the time I was driving my car home was less than 1hr and 45min. That included a drive from the airport, quick test drive in the 3RS and overview of everything by the salesman in the car. The group is incredible. Organized, no BS, transparent and very responsive. If I knew all my car purchases were that easy, I'd be broke!!!

Cheers,
Ryan Cassidy

Darwin
Hello, my name is Darwin (obviously...right?)

I'm a Rennlist Refugee (although of my own doing). Was over there since 2004 when I bought my car. Really enjoyed the technical aspect of the content back then. Lately it seemed to deviate away from that as the majority of the contributors either left or passed away (RIP the legends).

I hope to be able to add some of the knowledge I've gained over the years here, and answer any questions I can about standalones/suspension/big mods to 944 Turbos.

@Jay Wellwood , how's the blue 968 coming along?

1984 VW Rabbit Pick-up - Not stock
1988 944 Turbo S - Really not stock
2012 VW Tiguan - Kinda stock

Jay Wellwood
Like all my other car projects - it has taken a back seat to our 'new to us' house.

Been working nearly full time on the house and hope to finish is out in the next year. Then it's back to playing with cars. :)

A couple of pics of my 'toybox'...not nearly as impressive as some, but it'll do.
Attachments
Martini Mini Split.jpg
Martini Mini Split.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 7316 times
Lift with Oskar and Wilma.jpg
Lift with Oskar and Wilma.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 7316 times
Exterior.jpg
Exterior.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 7316 times
Door Art.jpg
Door Art.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 7316 times

Jay

Darwin
Where is the blue 968?! I was drooling looking at the pictures when you got the body back from the coaters. I hope you still have it? It was a serious inspiration for me to spare no unlooked detail for every project I've completed since!

1984 VW Rabbit Pick-up - Not stock
1988 944 Turbo S - Really not stock
2012 VW Tiguan - Kinda stock

Jay Wellwood
Unfortunately, that car is still undergoing renovation. It is currently about 500 miles away from me with a hopeful return date the end of this year.

My last visitation with Fred, I was able to snap this pic-
Attachments
Freds Wheel.jpg
Freds Wheel.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 7295 times

Jay