My 718 Project: Engine/Trunk/Strut/Cover

Including the Spyder, GT4, and GT4RS
P_Coastal
Wow, very ambitious !
Awesome results !!

2023 Porsche 718 Cayman (Chalk / Leather interior in Black/Bordeaux Red) My Config:
viewtopic.php?p=7560#p7560

71eh
Reigning Avatar Champion
P_Coastal wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:06 pm Wow, very ambitious !
Awesome results !!
Ha thanks. It was quite an interesting experience for someone who is not overly mechanical. Took a lot longer than expected due to my snail pace.

'24 Porsche 718 Cayman
'21 Mercedes AMG GTR
'76 Triumph TR6
'23 Porsche Macan GTS (sold)
'22 AMG CLS53 (sold)
'22 AMG CLA45 (sold)
'20 AMG c63s (sold)

grasmere
Excellent results - tell us more about the clear cover please

982/718S Jet Black Metallic
“Different from every other Porsche and therefore just like every other Porsche”

71eh
Reigning Avatar Champion
grasmere wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 am Excellent results - tell us more about the clear cover please
Hey, thanks! If you have any questions about, please do post them and I would be glad to answer them.

I actually wanted to do this before my car even came in, but I was not overly confident in taking any part of my car apart, so I just forgot about it. After weeks and months of getting to know people on Carpokes and seeing how so many people here do incredible things to their Porsches, I started little DIY jobs on my Cayman, getting more and more confident. Before I knew it, was ordering trim removal tools, taking off my door panels to fix rattles, removing all the trim in the back, everything.

At that point I decided to contact Henry again (the guy who makes these), and we started to talk again.

I decided on his engine cover because he has a rich background in the automotive and aerospace industry, and a huge Cayman lover. He originally designed a clear cover for his Cayman, and then started to sell them to friends who wanted one. I got a hold of him, and said I finally wanted to give it a try.

He was amazing. Answered my MANY emails/texts, and was incredibly helpful.

Anyways, the unit comes with every single thing you need. The mounting brackets, numerous rubber gaskets, foam gaskets, hardware, the cover itself, custom printed stickers, built in lighting system that directly plugs into your trunk lighting system, etc.

It took quite a while because I really wanted to take my time, making sure I gently take off all the trim pieces without losing or breaking any clips.

It was actually a cool experience because the instructions were incredibly detailed, so it was just a matter of taking my time and following the instructions step by step. At times, I texted him questions, and he answered in minutes, so that was a big help.

I personally ordered some DEI Gold line shrouds and put those on, just to jazz it up a bit. I have more stuff planned for dressing up the engine, but that will be in a future post :)

Since my engine is the 2.0L 4cyl, the biggest difference you notice is the induction/turbo sounds, its so freaking cool! No drone, no annoying sounds, the engine/exhaust note is not actually any louder (It might be, but not noticeable over the induction sounds). It's actually sealed off with a thick foam gasket.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Without Carpokes, I don't think I would have had the confidence to do this myself. So if I can do this by my self, anyone can do it lol.

'24 Porsche 718 Cayman
'21 Mercedes AMG GTR
'76 Triumph TR6
'23 Porsche Macan GTS (sold)
'22 AMG CLS53 (sold)
'22 AMG CLA45 (sold)
'20 AMG c63s (sold)