Porsche OEM Gloria Fire Extinguisher DIY Installation & Review

Tech and talk about the 991 and 992
Tier1Terrier
So I decided to install an OEM fire extinguisher in my 991.2 Carrera S with 14-way seats and it was a bit more complicated than I expected. Overall I'm happy with the results. In case you are thinking about doing this yourself, my DIY installation video answers just about anything you can think of. As per usual, there were a couple of dumb moments but I managed to bring it home without any major setbacks. It looks great and now my wife and kids can feel safer in the car.

​​​​​​​

71eh
Reigning Avatar Champion
Oh wow, yea that is a lot more involved than I expected it to be. But great video!!! Nice work :clap:

'24 Porsche 718 Cayman
'21 Mercedes AMG GTR
'76 Triumph TR6
'23 Porsche Macan GTS (sold)
'22 AMG CLS53 (sold)
'22 AMG CLA45 (sold)
'20 AMG c63s (sold)

WillyDaP
..........and boy am I glad I ordered and received the factory extinguisher in my Cayman GTS because as 71eh noted , it is a bigger task than I would have anticipated. Worth every penny of that $140 option code in my humble opinion!

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

blueline
Tier1Terrier, since I have a fire extinguisher in the GT4 and am not planning to install one elsewhere (even though it's probably a wise thing to do), I skimmed your video rather than watch it intently. I was surprised as to how involved it actually was - that's a bit of an undertaking. Nice job getting it done!

And thanks for sharing that video as it will be a boon for others attempting the task. :thumbup:

Willy, I too am glad you ordered your Cayman with the factory extinguisher as I'd hate to see your son Ryan having to do yet another "Son, will you install this for dear old Dad?" :lol: :angel:

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

WillyDaP
Pretty damn funny, Tim, true, but still pretty damn funny. Of course, with age comes a mild amount of lazy wisdom, hence ordering a fire extinguisher recommended for more and more track events, it leaves more time for my son to do a different task....................

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

Tier1Terrier
blueline wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:28 pm Tier1Terrier, since I have a fire extinguisher in the GT4 and am not planning to install one elsewhere (even though it's probably a wise thing to do), I skimmed your video rather than watch it intently. I was surprised as to how involved it actually was - that's a bit of an undertaking. Nice job getting it done!

And thanks for sharing that video as it will be a boon for others attempting the task. :thumbup:

Willy, I too am glad you ordered your Cayman with the factory extinguisher as I'd hate to see your son Ryan having to do yet another "Son, will you install this for dear old Dad?" :lol: :angel:
While at times the pressure of trying to get things right is stressful, I truly enjoy making these DIY videos to help others. It's fun and a great way to learn about my vehicle.