Cayenne License Plate Mounts

Tech and Talk about the Cayenne (all years)
Tom
Site Admin
Been working on License Plate Mounts for the Cayenne. I took the opportunity to obsess a bit on finally getting the correct Carpokes logo/font embossed on the mounts, and think they are going to be the best looking mounts yet. I plan to do similar embossing on all the mounts over time. Not quite ready to take orders for these -- pending a few tests fits -- but it shouldn't be long now. :)

Cayenne-Mounts-pic.gif
Cayenne-Mounts-pic.gif (288.74 KiB) Viewed 546 times

blueline
Tom wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:26 pm Been working on License Plate Mounts for the Cayenne. I took the opportunity to obsess a bit on finally getting the correct Carpokes logo/font embossed on the mounts, and think they are going to be the best looking mounts yet. I plan to do similar embossing on all the mounts over time. Not quite ready to take orders for these -- pending a few tests fits -- but it shouldn't be long now. :)

Cayenne-Mounts-pic.gif
They're going to be great!!

Thanks Tom. :thumbup:

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

Tom
Site Admin
blueline wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:48 pm
Tom wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:26 pm Been working on License Plate Mounts for the Cayenne. I took the opportunity to obsess a bit on finally getting the correct Carpokes logo/font embossed on the mounts, and think they are going to be the best looking mounts yet. I plan to do similar embossing on all the mounts over time. Not quite ready to take orders for these -- pending a few tests fits -- but it shouldn't be long now. :)

Cayenne-Mounts-pic.gif
They're going to be great!!

Thanks Tom. :thumbup:

Sorry I have not sent yet, but as I said I ended up obsessing on getting the logo right (finally). :)

whalenlg
Tom - if you need a cayenne to test against, I have a 2018. Or should I say I can borrow one from my wife.

Mike

1986 951 - Silicon Valley

Tom
Site Admin
whalenlg wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:14 pm Tom - if you need a cayenne to test against, I have a 2018. Or should I say I can borrow one from my wife.

Mike
Thanks! If you get a chance, could you post a picture of the rear bumper where the plate mounts? No need to take the plate off or anything...

whalenlg
It’s not on the rear bumper though
Attachments
IMG_5066.jpeg
IMG_5066.jpeg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 511 times

1986 951 - Silicon Valley

PogueMoHone
No holds (holes) barred (bored), in the detailed design and construction of this 24 Cayenne Turbo GT license plate.

The attention to detail is stunning, and a Porsche vehicle is worthy of being attached to it.

A few little tweaks and it is ready for prime time.

I expect it will, or can be adopted to, fit all 24 models. very easy to check.

Attachments
IMG_3462.jpeg
IMG_3462.jpeg (4.14 MiB) Viewed 214 times

blueline
PogueMoHone wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:41 pm No holds (holes) barred (bored), in the detailed design and construction of this 24 Cayenne Turbo GT license plate.

The attention to detail is stunning, and a Porsche vehicle is worthy of being attached to it.

A few little tweaks and it is ready for prime time.

I expect it will, or can be adopted to, fit all 24 models. very easy to check.

Outstanding!

Tom told me that you and he were working on a new design for the Cayenne due to the slightly convexed surface of the rear bumper area. Thanks for taking the leap of faith and removing the two screws. They didn't look as though they were capable of doing much of anything but no one at the dealer knew exactly what they were for.

I wisely figured I didn't need to be removing them off the Turbo GT on the showroom floor that was a purchased Cayenne waiting for delivery. Thanks for volunteering yours for the experimentation. :thumbup:

The new design looks great and since ours is still in quarantine I'll get to benefit from the new design! Positive karma for being patient and not agonizing over the delay. C'est la vie - always a good fall back position. :angel:

Thanks again to you and Tom!

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

PogueMoHone
All credit to Tom.

He is both the brains and the brawn.

I am the appreciative beneficiary of his talents.

Tom
Site Admin
The stick-on mounts in the first post were not well-suited to the curved bumper, so we are now working on the screw-on bracket shown in PogueMoHone's picture. It uses the two screws already in the bumper, which sure look to me like they were made for a license plate bracket (complete with self-tapping nylon nuts commonly used for plates). I'm thinking maybe in some non-US markets they offer a license plate bracket for the Cayenne? Anyone know? In the meantime, I can't help but think our new bracket looks like it should have come with the car. :)

textured-plate.gif
textured-plate.gif (598.15 KiB) Viewed 176 times

cf-plate.gif
cf-plate.gif (726.36 KiB) Viewed 176 times

cayenne-bracket-wip.gif
cayenne-bracket-wip.gif (711.8 KiB) Viewed 176 times