'11 Cayenne Turbo Neurosis

Tech and Talk about the Cayenne (all years)
Rascasse
I have a '11 turbo. Great car...... but it seems to have a couple of neurotic tendencies, and I'm wondering if anyone else has these and come up with fixes:

1. When using the radio it will play for 10sec and shut off for 10 sec and keep doing it. I pulled the fuse until I get this figured out because it's hugely annoying.

2. Locks arbitrarily lock some doors, not others when you don't want them to.... primarily the right passenger door.

3. The rear passenger window shade gets stuck.
'11 Cayenne day1.jpeg
'11 Cayenne day1.jpeg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 290 times

Ciao, Dino
'11 Cayenne Turbo
McLaren 570S
SL55
F40
360 CS
March/Cosworth 87C

John17
Haven't had those pleasures, but it is currently unable to be locked. The flashers started up last night when locked, and today they pretty well stay on all the time. We've had a lot of rain and I had some water drop on my feet taking a corner so I think the sunroof drains are blocked. I'll be able to check tomorrow. It is drying out in the garage tonight and the wife's M235 is out in the weather instead!

996C438
Any modern vehicle is electric power hungry . Many computers/sensors/accessories each demanding current . Start with the basics . All chassis grounds need to be clean and tight preferably with dielectric grease at all terminations . Next have the battery load tested . I could care less that " it seems " OK. Load test it !

Once those steps are completed and deemed good if issues still exist you start hunting down the individual components that are failing . Check for stored codes with a code reader . There can be stored codes that don't trigger a check engine warning light . Slow and methodical troubleshooting will get results .

Rascasse
FIXED!

The shade was a mechanical issue

The door lock was an actuator

The radio just needed a hard reset.

My wife was ready to blow it up. She's happy now.

Ciao, Dino
'11 Cayenne Turbo
McLaren 570S
SL55
F40
360 CS
March/Cosworth 87C

John17
My trouble turned out to be the alarm module, conveniently located under the windshield wiper motor.
Having some fun replacing that!