Instrument cluster lighting

Talk and tech about the Porsche Macan (all years)
porschewrench
My 2017 Macan S has extremely dim lighting on the left and center circular gauge housings (tach and speedo) during the day. At night the lighting is the same as the right most gauge housing that displays information (coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure). I of course turned the dimmer knob clockwise until 100% was displayed, but I am not satisfied with the results. Any ideas?

71eh
Reigning Avatar Champion
I used to have a Macan GTS, and this was actually an issue a lot of people had. It's a design flaw that Porsche refuses to change... My gauges had the chalk backing so it made daytime viewing even more annoying.

Someone told me previously: Basically a change in the code to make the lights show up during the daytime.
Using an appropriate scan tool (PIWIS3, Launch Tech, Autel, iCarSoft...) the backlight of the speedometer and tachometer can be set to always ON, to improve the readability during the day.
I have the Launch Tech X431 (model = "Torque III"), and this change is easily made with a recode of the instrument cluster.

One thing that MIGHT help is to get a different color (a brighter color like white) gauge backing. I know it won't solve it, but it does make it easier to see at dusk.

'24 Porsche 718 Cayman
'21 Mercedes AMG GTR
'76 Triumph TR6
'23 Porsche Macan GTS (sold)
'22 AMG CLS53 (sold)
'22 AMG CLA45 (sold)
'20 AMG c63s (sold)

Teddis
This can be enabled with a launch device or piwis. Do you have access to either ? You basically need to tell the car it has WHITE dials, and voila !!

Clark addison
Same problem here. Looking at the tach is like staring into a black hole. If there weren't a digit readout for speed and gear, I'd be driving blind.

Do you think the dealer would flash the computer into thinking the headlights are on all the time?