987S Suspension Refresh

Including Spyders & GT4s
aboyandhisdog
When I did mine, I almost hated to drive the car as I didn't want to get them dirty they looked so good. Naaaahhh! You can't see them anyway with the wheels on. Sure is a good feeling of accomplishment though! Well done!

-Tom
Fort Collins, Colorado
997 C2, 2006

vitaminc
Basically done! Finally.

Got all the parts installed and everything torqued.

Then it was time to flush the brakes. Good thing I have a pressure bleeder. Oh, looks like I haven’t used this in a while. No surprise, as I hate dealing with brake fluid.

IMG_0582.jpeg
IMG_0582.jpeg (405.91 KiB) Viewed 125 times

Got some fresh hose and clamps from Motive and was back in business.

IMG_0587.jpeg
IMG_0587.jpeg (537.97 KiB) Viewed 125 times

Flushed all four corners and the clutch. Getting to the bleed valve on the transmission required some extra contortions.

IMG_0589.jpeg
IMG_0589.jpeg (402.51 KiB) Viewed 125 times

Then the tires went back on and it was finally released from the lift!

IMG_0593.jpeg
IMG_0593.jpeg (507.95 KiB) Viewed 125 times

During this drawn out process I managed to kill the battery, though I’m not sure exactly how. Maybe I left the key in too long in the “unlocked” position so I could turn the front wheels. We’ll see if it can be revived with the tender, but if not I will need to get a new battery before I can take it in for an alignment, as it doesn’t even have enough power to release the key.

After a jump I was able to take a short drive around the block and- unsurprisingly- the alignment is way off. So that needs to happen before I can make any conclusions.

05 Boxster S

barnwerks
Should the brake rotors be mounted on the opposite sides of the car?

aboyandhisdog
barnwerks wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 am Should the brake rotors be mounted on the opposite sides of the car?
Good eye! When I did mine I used the "Pagid" brand, and they were sold in left and right side. The hole pattern shows the reverse of what I see here. Possibly different brands sell them to different specs??? I don't know.

-Tom
Fort Collins, Colorado
997 C2, 2006

vitaminc
barnwerks wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:04 am Should the brake rotors be mounted on the opposite sides of the car?
Maybe? I put them on in the same positions that they came off of. Which does not exclude the possibility that someone previously put them on the wrong side, as they were on the car when I got it.

They've been that way for at least two years, so I'm not sure how critical it is to reverse them.

Actually, it seems that these may not be directional- it depends on the vanes, not the drill pattern. I'll look into it.

Thanks for bringing it up!

05 Boxster S