Installing GT2 Folding Buckets in a 991/718

Product Instructions, Repair Procedures, and Other Technical Downloads
marin
In my 991.2 I purchased a set of RoW 991 Folding Sport Bucket Seats (P03), and spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to solve the airbag light (without doing any coding to the car). A lot of people asked me how I did this install, so I'm linking to it here too.

The best part of this install is that I got bucket seats with seat heaters! And I could still use the rear seats for my kids.

I documented my build on a long thread on rennlist. Post #108 is the main install.

Later in Post #195 we figured out that it was possible to reduce the parts needed to just the Passenger Seat Wiring Harness.

And in Post #209 we figured out a way to make the driver's side install a little bit easier.

I also put in a TPC Racing 991 Harness Bar that hid behind the rear seats, and could be used for my 6-point harness when needed.

JetFuelOnly
Wow, that's some really good work. Awesome you invested the time and money into this project and it actually worked out.

marin
Thanks! Yeah it was a really big gamble. I bought some very expensive seats with the assumption that I could eventually get them installed without an error code. I'm really happy it worked out. Those seats really transformed the feel of the car.