New Member from SF Bay Area

Welcome new members -- introduce yourselves!
GermanStallion
Hello from the Bay Area!

Cars aren't the best use of $$$ but I get the itch every few years and can't help myself! I've been through many vehicles over the years but my '06 997 C2S never left the stable though I don't drive it much (it only has 17k miles!). I recently picked up a '23 Taycan GTS and love it. I justified that one by telling the hubby that our Merz GL was guzzling way too much gas. :lol:

Anyways, looking forward to much discourse with you all!

'23 Taycan GTS (Ice Grey)
'22 Mercedes S580 (Onyx Black)
'06 Carrera S Cab (Seal Grey)

blueline
GermanStallion wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:36 am Hello from the Bay Area!

Cars aren't the best use of $$$ but I get the itch every few years and can't help myself! I've been through many vehicles over the years but my '06 997 C2S never left the stable though I don't drive it much (it only has 17k miles!). I recently picked up a '23 Taycan GTS and love it. I justified that one by telling the hubby that our Merz GL was guzzling way too much gas. :lol:

Welcome to Carpokes! Amazingly low miles on your 997 - have you had it since new?

While cars may not be the wisest use of dollars, the great ones are at or near the top for fun and pure enjoyment for those who love to drive! That's especially true for the best of the best which is why Porsche is so well loved. :)

Carpokes a picture-friendly site, so any of your '06 Carrera and your new '23 Taycan GTS would be excellent if you're inclined to do so.

Thanks for joining up!

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

Larry C

I love 997’s. IMO, they are the perfect size 911’s. If you are so inclined, please post photos. Also, congratulations on the new Taycan!

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

GermanStallion
blueline wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:58 pm

Welcome to Carpokes! Amazingly low miles on your 997 - have you had it since new?

While cars may not be the wisest use of dollars, the great ones are at or near the top for fun and pure enjoyment for those who love to drive! That's especially true for the best of the best which is why Porsche is so well loved. :)

Carpokes a picture-friendly site, so any of your '06 Carrera and your new '23 Taycan GTS would be excellent if you're inclined to do so.

Thanks for joining up!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm the original owner of my 997 indeed! I keep it mostly for sentimental reasons (it's my first Porsche). Also, I'm not sure I can swing getting a new 911 anytime soon with the constant price increases!

I haven't had the chance to take pics of my Taycan with my "real" camera yet, but here are a couple of phone ones. The color is Ice Grey Metallic which in my eyes looks white in the sun. In overcast, that's when the grey comes out.

Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - rear.jpg
Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - rear.jpg (1023.12 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - side.jpg
Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - side.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 321 times

'23 Taycan GTS (Ice Grey)
'22 Mercedes S580 (Onyx Black)
'06 Carrera S Cab (Seal Grey)

blueline
GermanStallion wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:36 am
blueline wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:58 pm

Thanks for joining up!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm the original owner of my 997 indeed! I keep it mostly for sentimental reasons (it's my first Porsche). Also, I'm not sure I can swing getting a new 911 anytime soon with the constant price increases!

I haven't had the chance to take pics of my Taycan with my "real" camera yet, but here are a couple of phone ones. The color is Ice Grey Metallic which in my eyes looks white in the sun. In overcast, that's when the grey comes out.

Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - rear.jpg
Taycan GTS - Ice Grey - side.jpg
Great looking Taycan! Porsche's GTS models sure do hit a sweet spot. I'm a hard core ICE type but if I did electric, the Taycan would be the only choice (gotta stick with Porsche).

A smile for the "real camera" comment. I've gotten so lazy now with camera phones, which are at best only decent picture takers (unless you're Jeff Zwart :lol:), that I never bring out my old Nikon D90. Then I think back further to a fairly extensive background with film and I really shake my head.

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

Tom
Site Admin
Belated Welcome to Carpokes GermanStallion!

I figure the iPhone camera is a lot like my 911 -- both are way more capable than anything its owner can do with them. :shifty:

Very nice looking Taycan. If memory serves I have Ice Grey Metallic paint I used for someone else's mode dial cover. Pretty color and kind of a Chameleon in the light. :thumbup: