Oil change on Cayenne

Tech and Talk about the Cayenne (all years)
Help Me DIY
Thanks! I guess I should post some in the Boxster forum as I’m pretty sure I have the biggest Boxster YouTube channel out there :)

---
1997 Lotus Elise S1
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Bill in Bama
Help Me DIY wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:09 am Here is the full DIY video I made for my Cayenne. Pretty spill free. Hope it helps!

Porsche Cayenne Oil Change (also Panamera)
Nice video, but the filter on the turbo is located much more accessible than on the Base V6. On mine there's no way to avoid spilling oil all over the crossbar under it, my dealer admits they create a mess when changing oil in one. I've tried the plastic bag trick but it helps very little.

'21 718 GTS 4.0, AGM/Espresso/ Cognac
'17 Cayenne base, White/Luxor/Black
'16 Cayman GTS, great car, sold for the 4.0
'13 Cayenne base, DBM/Luxor beige
'06 Cayman S, first mid-engine car
'86 944 Turbo, fast! Stone grey
'84 944, my first Porsche DBM

Tom
Site Admin
Bill in Bama wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:26 pm
Help Me DIY wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:09 am Here is the full DIY video I made for my Cayenne. Pretty spill free. Hope it helps!

Porsche Cayenne Oil Change (also Panamera)
Nice video, but the filter on the turbo is located much more accessible than on the Base V6. On mine there's no way to avoid spilling oil all over the crossbar under it, my dealer admits they create a mess when changing oil in one. I've tried the plastic bag trick but it helps very little.

Some things never change. Porsche made the 944 turbo the same way. Oil just dumps all over the steering rack and floor. The plastic bag trick has never worked for me either. By the time the filter separates enough for the bag to get under it, 90% of the filter's oil is on the floor already. :( I made that 3D printed oil bib I posted last week, which as far as I know is the ONLY way to prevent an oil mess when changing the oil on a 944. If I get a Cayenne one of these days, I'll see about making something similar for it. :)

Help Me DIY
For spaces like that I like to use aluminum foil to cover and direct the oil to flow where I want it to go.

---
1997 Lotus Elise S1
2006 Porsche Cayman S
2011 Porsche Cayenne Turbo