Welcome

Tech and Talk about the Porsche 928
dr bob
Welcome Ariem!

Sounds like you are in with both feet! The Weisach is a great car, and finding the excellent examples you describe is even better. The limited-edition gold Weissach cars were originally delivered with a set of matching leather luggage, sized and branded to fit in the boot perfectly. The pair, both in manual-gearbox flavor, will reward you with a lot of fun and attention.

As I'm sure you know or will soon find out, a good 928 mechanic is a treasure similar to the cars. There aren't many of the cars, and pretty much every 'factory-trained' 928 mechanic has hung up the tools by now. That leaves us with folks who have learned by hopefully-prior experience, vs. the ugly and expensive option of paying someone to learn on your cars. There are few serious gurus of the cars left, but if you happen to be in the southern half of the state there's an excellent transplant near Philly who meets that standard. Even if you're in the northern part, it's worth searching out Stan Kolin for work beyond basic maintenance tasks to supplement the services of your favorite local guy. LMK and I'll get his info for you.

The next serious 928 owner gathering/event near you is the 928 Frenzy in later September, headquartered at a hotel near the airport in DC. It's a weekend event that typically includes some social time, some formal tech-session time, some fun drive time, with a group dinner and such. I attended one about ten years ago when my project/travel and 928 events stars aligned, and it was a great weekend. You just missed a good annual Camp 928 event in upstate NY in June, so look forward to that for next spring. June also includes a great Sharks In The Mountains event in western NC, hosted by one of the three major 928 parts suppliers in the US.

In the meanwhile, there's tech support for your cars here via Greg Brown (GregBBRD here) and yours truly, when you want to get into stuff yourself. I'm a lifetime Porsche owner and 20+ year 928 owner/maintainer with my own hammer and screwdriver, if that's a qualification.

Welcome to Carpokes!

dr bob

1989 928 S4, black with cashmere/black inside
SoCal 928 Group Cofounder
928 Owner's Club Charter Member
Bend Yacht Club Commodore Emeritus

Free Advice and Commentary. Use At Your Own Risk!

ariemanthony
Thanks dr bob, for the welcome and the info.

I’ve already found the great and highly recommended Stan outside of Philly. I found him on the Rennlist forums. I’m dropping the Weissach off to him next week.

I’ll definitely be asking questions here as I maintain my two cars as best as I can.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Ariem
—————————
1982 928 Weissach #47 gold
1983 928S burgundy on burgundy
2004 Cayenne S blue on tan

Tom
Site Admin
Ariem, welcome aboard, you're in good hands with dr bob and crew. Would love to see a few pictures of those cars!

ariemanthony
Tom,

I’ll start uploading some pictures.

Where in Silicon Valley are you? We lived in the East Bay for a decade before moving back to the east coast. We last lived in Fremont. Actually, my Weissach was in Tiburon when my SF friend found it.

Ariem
—————————
1982 928 Weissach #47 gold
1983 928S burgundy on burgundy
2004 Cayenne S blue on tan