Looking for bandwidth feedback please!

A friendly place to discuss whatever!

Does Carpokes load fast enough?

Yes, pages and pictures load about as fast as other forums/pages I visit
93%
Meh, not terrible, but too often pages or big pictures bog down and/or take longer than normal to load
7%
No, Carpokes tends to be slower and/or bog down more often than other sites I visit
No votes

Total votes: 15
icb
71eh wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:50 pm
Hey I am curious... There is no reason on your BW' side they should load slow if you are 2.3Mps... Did you try clearning your cache?

Better yet, try viewing Carpokes via incognito mode, or whatever browser you use.
I haven't tried clearing the cache or viewing in private mode. I'll try that out over the next couple of days, plus a couple of different browsers. My connection is quite variable from day to day as well, in terms of how fast the internet is.

Ian Borg
1988 Porsche 944S
https://icb-machinations.blogspot.com/

Stormy_Monday
Tom wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:13 pm
icb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:04 pm Images usually load really slowly for me; I have a pretty bad internet connection (Hughesnet satellite). I always assumed it's just because digital cameras take ridiculously high-res images by default nowadays and most people won't know to scale down their images for the internet. I always scale my images down to 800x600 at 300 dpi before uploading them and they load pretty quick through my connection.
Thanks, good feedback. I looked at Hughes before getting Starlink (which I'd highly recommend). Do large images on Carpokes download slower that large images from other sites for you?

p.s., I should probably implement some kind of auto-scaling system for images, since the really big images consume extra bandwidth for no particular reason...
no to the large images question. Seems to work fine for me. We're on Brighthouse cable

Red Cars Rule
718 Boxster GTS 4.0

icb
Update/FYI - the images from the Canada 944S thread I mentioned earlier load instantly on my phone, with a 5G signal and Opera browser.

Ian Borg
1988 Porsche 944S
https://icb-machinations.blogspot.com/

TripleD
Works fine for me.