LN Spin On Oil FilterAdapter

Including Spyders & GT4s
aboyandhisdog
But there are a bunch of filters to choose from that fit. Go on Rock Auto and search for a 2006 Corvette (that is one vehicle that uses the filters that are for the LN Porsche adaptor) and a lot comes up to choose from. They have the Wix, Mahle, Mann, Hastings, Bosch, LuberFiner, and a bunch more. And you can view the hole array that LN was referring to and see which ones fill the bill. Good luck!
Last edited by aboyandhisdog on Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Tom
Fort Collins, Colorado
997 C2, 2006

Bill in Bama
That is a disturbing development, but LN is on top of it and there are other brands that fit as well. Contact LN Engineering and they can advise you. I used their adapter on my 987 and my 981, still have the latter adapter but sold the car.

'21 718 GTS 4.0, AGM/Espresso/ Cognac
'17 Cayenne base, White/Luxor/Black
'16 Cayman GTS, great car, sold for the 4.0
'13 Cayenne base, DBM/Luxor beige
'06 Cayman S, first mid-engine car
'86 944 Turbo, fast! Stone grey
'84 944, my first Porsche DBM

cavediver32043
No regrets. I use a WIX spin on high flow 51042 vs the now made in China NAPA 1042 (which has visibly smaller flow hole diameter, Not Good!). My oil change intervals are 4500 mi. on average. I pull and send off UOA samples to Blackstone every other oil change cycle. Samples have been fantastic, below the norm. Also use a Magnetic Drain Plug: if you have metal in your oil that would b visible in your filter it will b seen. I dont worry about cutting my filters. Just me and what works for me! Happy Motoring!

friendly1
I just installed the LN adapter on my 2016 Boxster 2.7. It is well made. Installation is straight forward. I did not prefill the filter as the instructtions said not to, but then got a warning from my 'electronic dipstick' to add more oil. It seems odd to replace the canister with such a tiny filter cartridge but I already change oil every 5k miles and this should be much less expensive and easier from now on.