Fuse 38. Popping

Talk and Tech about turbocharged 924/944/968 cars
Pzito1
I keep pooping fuse 38 I have no dash illumination, lights, or rear license plate lights I did disconnect the rear license plate lights put the fuse in turn it to parking light, and fuse still pops I even took out the dash illumination switch and tried that and it still pops fuse 38. Also, I have all LEDs around the vehicle and headlights anybody have any idea what could be the problem. Except a short Where do I start How do I look for it. Thank you. I also tested the relays for the headlights headlight motor with the relay tester. They came out good.

icb
Not sure what you mean by "except a short", but this sounds like a short.
Look for places where the wiring for all the devices on that circuit may be stressed, chafed, or damaged and contacting the body in some way. Get yourself a meter, a fuse buddy, a low amp clamp and a copy of the wiring diagram (service manual vol 5) if you don't have them already and start tracing. Disconnect as many of the devices on the circuit as you can, then add them back one by one while monitoring the DC current with the meter/amp clamp at the fuse buddy. You'll know by a huge current increase if any specific device is causing the issue.
I had a hard to locate problem once where a messed up right hatch strut caused a dead short on the dome light circuit. The strut has a switch in it that can turn on the cargo area light.

Ian Borg
1988 Porsche 944S
https://icb-machinations.blogspot.com/