Porsche wheel caps

Tech and Talk about the Panamera!
mikeymac
I recently traded in my 2004 BMW 645csi for a 2011 Porsche Panamera 4. I didn't think that the standard 18" wheels to be very attractive so I purchased a new set of 21" wheels along with a set of Michelin pilot sport 5 tires. The wheels are OZ MW models and they really look sharp on the Panamera. I want to replace the center wheel caps on the new wheels with a set of Porsche logo wheel caps. I have purchased two sets of the caps from a parts trim company and one set are 2" diameter and the second smaller set that fit the diameter of the new wheels. My Tire Rack mounting shop came back to me and told me neither set fits, the larger set too large and the smaller ones fit but there is now way to anchor them into the cap holes (They are made of plastic and the cap anchors don't seem to have any way to snap them in place. Have any members encountered this problem before and what might the fix be. Thanks in advance for any help, I really want caps with Porsche full color logos for these wheels.

TRACKNUT
I know this may sound hokey (?) but have you tried some clear silicon sealant/adhesive? Now if the emblems fit the hole but have no real attachment to the rim to keep them there, clean the inside area real well, place your emblem in the hole and then push in the emblem while you put four (4) small dabs of the silicon on both the rim center and the emblem. Don't go crazy here with the silicon. Let it dry or cure real well for at least 24 hours. This should hold them in. Since the silicon is spaced apart a slight cutting of it with a sharp utility knife should free them up as needed. The silicon should be very resistant to any brake heat generated. Hell they even use "high" temp versions for most of the engine and transmission sealing today. Good luck.

Al