Easiest Performance Mods?

Tech and Talk about the Panamera!
JCOHEN
971 Base Model - what can be done to boost HP? Skeptical of “chipping”. What about exhaust related?

Jfort
I added a sprint booster to my 2012 P4. It makes the take off from stop much smoother. No affiliation, just satisfied customer. https://www.sprintboosterusa.com

1970 914 factory six. 2.7L
2005 Cayenne V6
2007 997.1 C2S
2012 Panamera 4
2005 Merc SLK350 (wife's)
1999 HD FXDWG

WeldSparks
Thanks for the suggestion Jfort - that looks promising and inexpensive. Was the installation as easy as implied?
I've got a 2012 too, and my overwhelming main dislike of my Panamera in my first 1,000 miles of driving is the take-off from stop. It seems by far the poorest launch characteristics (in the first 1 second) of any car I've ever owned. Even when it's "not so bad", it's still bad.
As a former OEM headquarters engineer, I suspect that much of the issue may be related to the engine auto start-stop management logic, so that there are delays even when you have that mode turned off. And frankly, if it had been one of the Big 3, it's so bad that they wouldn't have left this without a well-distributed software upgrade to fix it. So it rather astonishes me.
Am I missing something here?

WeldSparks
Bought '12 Panamera :thumbup: in Nov 2023 with 37k miles

Tom
Site Admin
For what it's worth, I used a Pedal Commander in my 2016 GMC Canyon for several years. It is a throttle-signal manager like the Sprint Booster. As best I can tell, it does not add any additional max power, but rather manipulates the drive-by-wire throttle signal to fix sluggish starts. It also helps the automatic transmission kick into a lower gear easier on the highway. Overall, it made the truck much more pleasant to drive, without the feeling that it was lugging and struggling in nearly every driving situation. I assume all that lugging and such is an effort to get MPG up to some corporate target. I used that for maybe 5 years until one day the unit just died on me. Now I'm back to lugging it everywhere. :roll: