Great Plains Region PCA DE --- Dog Days Event at Raceway Park of the Midlands

WillyDaP
If you are in Missouri , Kansas, Iowa , Nebraska or South Dakota and want a day with plenty of track time check out the gprpca.com calendar for the 26th of this month. Raceway Park of the Midlands, as many of you may remember, was under 14 feet of water about 4 years back and though this did a number on the paddock the track has still survived quite well. The big plus I feel is that it is a great track for newcomers to learn on as track runoff is expansive ----- sliding off track and you are just agricultural racing. As a Trackrat and Instructor I appreciate places where folks can learn the techniques of driving a road course at a quick speed without worrying about 100 concrete walls and barriers. So, do check out the the Great Plains Region of the PCA, and tell your friends that don't have Porsches they are welcome too ( they will need to pay a small $10 weekend membership fee ) and the price for the entire day is only $165. I will guarantee you will get an unbelievable amount of track time. I have around 7-9,000 miles on this track so show up , feel free to pick my brain, and I will be more than happy to ride along with you.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

blueline
WillyDaP wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:20 pm If you are in Missouri , Kansas, Iowa , Nebraska or South Dakota and want a day with plenty of track time check out the gprpca.com calendar for the 26th of this month. Raceway Park of the Midlands, as many of you may remember, was under 14 feet of water about 4 years back and though this did a number on the paddock the track has still survived quite well. The big plus I feel is that it is a great track for newcomers to learn on as track runoff is expansive ----- sliding off track and you are just agricultural racing. As a Trackrat and Instructor I appreciate places where folks can learn the techniques of driving a road course at a quick speed without worrying about 100 concrete walls and barriers. So, do check out the the Great Plains Region of the PCA, and tell your friends that don't have Porsches they are welcome too ( they will need to pay a small $10 weekend membership fee ) and the price for the entire day is only $165. I will guarantee you will get an unbelievable amount of track time. I have around 7-9,000 miles on this track so show up , feel free to pick my brain, and I will be more than happy to ride along with you.
@Tom

Good post Willy - wish I could join ya!

I'll ask Tom to add your region, Great Plains, to Carpokes' 'Regions' sub. Once he does that I'll go ahead and copy your topic and its posts to your PCA region. (It will also remain in the 'Racing' sub-forums.)

It really doesn't matter either way but since we're trying to get traffic to the new regions might as well stick it there. Maybe you can get some of your fellow Great Plains members to visit Carpokes! :angel:

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

Tom
Site Admin
blueline wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:55 pm
WillyDaP wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:20 pm If you are in Missouri , Kansas, Iowa , Nebraska or South Dakota and want a day with plenty of track time check out the gprpca.com calendar for the 26th of this month. Raceway Park of the Midlands, as many of you may remember, was under 14 feet of water about 4 years back and though this did a number on the paddock the track has still survived quite well. The big plus I feel is that it is a great track for newcomers to learn on as track runoff is expansive ----- sliding off track and you are just agricultural racing. As a Trackrat and Instructor I appreciate places where folks can learn the techniques of driving a road course at a quick speed without worrying about 100 concrete walls and barriers. So, do check out the the Great Plains Region of the PCA, and tell your friends that don't have Porsches they are welcome too ( they will need to pay a small $10 weekend membership fee ) and the price for the entire day is only $165. I will guarantee you will get an unbelievable amount of track time. I have around 7-9,000 miles on this track so show up , feel free to pick my brain, and I will be more than happy to ride along with you.
@Tom

Good post Willy - wish I could join ya!

I'll ask Tom to add your region, Great Plains, to Carpokes' 'Regions' sub. One he does that I'll go ahead and copy your topic and its posts to your PCA region. (It will also remain in the 'Racing' sub-forums.)

It really doesn't matter either way but since we're trying to get traffic to the new regions might as well stick it there. Maybe you can get some of your fellow Great Plains members to visit Carpokes! :angel:
Done!

WillyDaP
Super great turnout with 7 Novices joining the Great Plains Region PCA DE, and after heat in the Omaha Metro Area able to fry an egg on a sidewalk , the morning was in the 60s and 70s after a brief rain, and the winds coming down the Missouri River Valley dried the track so quickly that even the first session at 8:20 found the track dry. With 35+ Porsches and other ICE based 4 wheeled propulsion devices Rick Moury the Head DE Instructor has everyone split into 3 groups , so there was plenty of room to work on your lines and not be hampered too much by traffic. I am posting about this event because I am always amazed at the amount of track time one can get with this PCA Region. I instructed a young lady in the Novice Class and she got in 6 Sessions and could have done 7 except for a wedding she and her husband needed to attend. In fact she did such a great job I would have released her to run on her own and the would have given her the ability to run 8 full Sessions.

One day, 7-8 Sessions, this alone should be a reason to put October 7th ( Oktoberfest ) on your track calendar, for the last Great Plains Region's last DE of 23. Go to gprpca.com and note under clubregistration.com to sign up and please remember they welcome other car makes , so get some of your friends to come for the fun.

Gates open at 7:00, 7:45 driver meeting, and they get things going on track between 8:10 and 8:20. Hope to see you folks there. The best thing I learned the whole weekend was that GPR President Mike Anderson was able to run Hoosier 315/30/18sR7s on the back of his Cayman after all my friends told me 295s were the max. The things you can learn at the track.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab