Paint Protection Film

Talk and tech about the Porsche Macan (all years)
BCDave
Got a new GTS coming. Will do the PPF thing upon arrival. Had considered Xpel based on reputation but local shop recommends Hexis Bodyfence. I appreciate any comments and experience with either product or perhaps another option. I completely understand the skill of the installer is really important to the result.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

P_Coastal
I have no experience with Hexis Bodyfence, Xpel has a good reputation, I had it on a couple cars, a safe go-to. Installer is Very Important. Ceramic on top of PPF, and all paintwork + Wheels is recommended.

2023 Porsche 718 Cayman (Chalk / Leather interior in Black/Bordeaux Red) My Config:
viewtopic.php?p=7560#p7560

WillyDaP
Have never heard of Hexis Bodyfence , so obviously they must be the new kid on the Block. 3M or Xpel have been around forever and both have quite a few installers Nationwide. I know 3M will warranty the product if done through their Certified Dealers, so one could get it repaired if issues somewhere else in the US. I believe Xpel may have followed suit, but having been in the Automotive business over 30+ years ( retired now ) I have used both products and would recommend either one, but as noted above the absolute main key is to get a very experienced installer.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

blueline
P_Coastal wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 pm I have no experience with Hexis Bodyfence, Xpel has a good reputation, I had it on a couple cars, a safe go-to. Installer is Very Important. Ceramic on top of PPF, and all paintwork + Wheels is recommended.
New avatar pic!! I like it. :thumbup:

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

blueline
BCDave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:35 pm Got a new GTS coming. Will do the PPF thing upon arrival. Had considered Xpel based on reputation but local shop recommends Hexis Bodyfence. I appreciate any comments and experience with either product or perhaps another option. I completely understand the skill of the installer is really important to the result.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say.
I'm with the others - have never heard of the brand. However, I did a quick look at their website - pretty solid looking to me. Their promo line says "The new BODYFENCE range has been developed by HEXIS R&D based on cutting-edge technology and will protect your vehicle against external aggressions: Scratches, Stone chips, Abrasion, UV rays"

https://www.bodyfence.net/

Hexis is apparently a French company ("HEXIS Group of Companies – ZI Horizons Sud – CS970003 – F34118 FRONTIGNAN CEDEX FRANCE"). Nothing wrong with that as I imagine the Europeans are as on top of technology of that sort as we are - who knows, maybe better. (The teminology "external aggressions" tipped me off that it was from outside our borders! :lol: )

Another PPF that has good products is LLumar, an Eastman Performance Films company with a worldwide presence. The National Corvette Museum partnered with them as their "official partner" for whatever that's worth. I have experience with that PPF and it's good.

https://llumar.com/na/en/about/

Bottom line for me is that I think most of the larger, worldwide established companies making PPF are probably mostly ok. The technology is not so new and not so protected as it once was.

I'd double down on your's and everyone else's recommendation that what counts the most is the installer.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out whatever you do!

edit: I just now realized that the OP is from this past May. A little late to the party... :)

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

RDMcG
Very happy with Xpel and have it on multiple cars. Agree with earlier post to do ceramic also including wheels.
Attachments
PXL_20230616_185902102 2.jpg
PXL_20230616_185902102 2.jpg (400.92 KiB) Viewed 796 times

WillyDaP
Have done Xpel and 3M in the past and have an installer ( Brian at Sharper Image, Omaha Metro ) who is phenomenal, but he has been doing it for a very long time. He has used both of the above films and is using a little Stek PPF which is infused with ceramic. I may be using that for my Cayman since , so far, Brian seems to feel it is another strong product on the market.

As noted, the installer is the key, and interesting to hear about doing ceramic on the wheels, which is something I never considered or had heard of being done before hanging out here on " Carpokes." I imagine Brian has done that also , but since I usually had 1-3 sets of track wheels I never bothered to ask anyone, I just had them mounted with fresh sticky gumboils.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

rasetsu
Choose by installer. Look closely at examples of the finished work product of different installers and decide based off of that. Xpel does make a very good product but they also have a large marketing budget making them essentially the household name of PPF so don't dismiss other brands if they are supported by solid warrantees and the installer you've chosen prefers that material.

Ceramic on wheels and brake calipers is great. Makes them much easier to clean.

Porsche4Live
Installer is a LOT more important than the film.

With that said I don't know anything about this film. Make sure to do research online. Make sure to understand what guarantees the film company may provide.

XPEL is a known quantity and hasn't failed me. Installers have failed me.

I would be careful with an installer that isn't with a major film like XPEL. Make sure to have them explain to you why they use this film.

Make sure to get references and make sure they did Macans before.

Even installers that look nice may do a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ job. It happened to me.

murphsea
Here's a video of Chicago Auto Pros wrapping my GT3 RS.

It came out very well. So easy to take car of. Foam, Rinse and Leaf Blower is pretty much the steps to clean it. Have barely had to touch it with a cloth to clean it.

I'm pretty sure they detailed what they used for PPF and Ceramic.

2024 Porsche Cayenne S
2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2022 Porsche 911 Carrera
2021 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4
1973 Porsche 914 2.0