992 and Taycan Bezel Wait List....

Tech and talk about water-cooled 911's
Larry C
Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am It's great to see so many new members joining Carpokes. Tom has created a unique community for true Porsche enthusiasts. A place we come to share information and ideas, seek advice, and just converse about all things Porsche in a helpful and friendly way.

I encourage each of you to become active members and to participate in any way you can. Your knowledge and ideas will help Carpokes thrive and make it a better place for all. Tom goes the extra mile to help all of us. Hopefully, we can repay him by helping one another.

Thanks, Dick

Very well said. I’ve been a member of many car forums and Carpokes is the first that really has a family feel where we all can share in the experience of owning these wonderful cars. The best way to repay Tom is to ask your friends to join, reply to posts, and if you have any questions or special interest, please start a new thread.

Welcome to all the new members.🤙🏻🤙🏻

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

Tom
Site Admin
BzzzBom wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:49 am
Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:41 am It's great to see so many new members joining Carpokes. Tom has created a unique community for true Porsche enthusiasts. A place we come to share information and ideas, seek advice, and just converse about all things Porsche in a helpful and friendly way.

I encourage each of you to become active members and to participate in any way you can. Your knowledge and ideas will help Carpokes thrive and make it a better place for all. Tom goes the extra mile to help all of us. Hopefully, we can repay him by helping one another.

Thanks, Dick

Very well said. I’ve been a member of many car forums and Carpokes is the first that really has a family feel where we all can share in the experience of owning these wonderful cars. The best way to repay Tom is to ask your friends to join, reply to posts, and if you have any questions or special interest, please start a new thread.

Welcome to all the new members.🤙🏻🤙🏻

Thank you both so much -- absolutely pitch-perfect comments! I posted my red tach ring on r/Porsche (the Reddit for Porsches) the other day and got nothing but negative written comments, many of which were just comically hostile/nasty for no particular reason. That was my first and last post on reddit, and a strong reminder why we started Carpokes -- the kinder, gentler place to talk about Porsches. :)

Tom
Site Admin
Jj123vw wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 am Got a AV green GTS coming with all black interior and red brakes so what’s everyone’s thoughts on bezel colour ? I was thinking red but open to other ideas , But is the Porsche red brake caliper paint closer to guards read or Carmine red? Thanks 🙏
Everyone has their own sensibilities, but I think it's better to enhance the colors in the interior, rather than the exterior. I originally started with a white bezel to match my paint, and it just didn't fit in with the rest of my interior. I had a red tach face, so tried that and --to me-- it just works better than trying to pick up colors you don't really see from the driver seat. Just my two cents. :)

Hawk
Jj123vw wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 am Got a AV green GTS coming with all black interior and red brakes so what’s everyone’s thoughts on bezel colour ? I was thinking red but open to other ideas , But is the Porsche red brake caliper paint closer to guards read or Carmine red? Thanks 🙏
Aventurine Green is a fantastic color for the GTS. Will be stunning!

You mentioned an all black interior. Are your belts black as well or did you spec red to match your calipers? Either way, but particularly if you went with red belts, I would go with the red bezel. Please keep in mind that it will add a real pop of color and will be quite noticeable - check Tom's pics.

Dick
2022 992 GT3 - Shark Blue, 6-speed manual, LWBs
2021 Cayenne GTS Coupe - Carmine Red / Houndstooth interior

Acropora
Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:53 am
Everyone have a different preference when it comes to colour choices, red is an option as Hawk mentioned but if you’re conservative and prefer more of a subtle colour I’ll go with GT silver, it picks up some of the silver/grey trim from the upper part of the dash and the doors
Aventurine Green is a fantastic color for the GTS. Will be stunning!

You mentioned an all black interior. Are your belts black as well or did you spec red to match your calipers? Either way, but particularly if you went with red belts, I would go with the red bezel. Please keep in mind that it will add a real pop of color and will be quite noticeable - check Tom's pics.

Dany Kazarian
992 GTS Coupe

mattchow
I did mine in a light matte bronze/gold. I have bronze wheels waiting to go on the car as well. just depends what color scheme you want to do.

Tom
Site Admin
Below is my current list of bezels to make, along with brief status on each. Also, a couple of thoughts....

First, the Tach Bezels are way more time-consuming to make than the sports chrono bezels. If you re asking for a tach ring, be mindful that those will take longer.

Second, the waiting list seems to be growing and some will ship sooner than others. Some colors are way easier than others (red is easy, silver is super easy, yellow fights me every time, etc.) so that may affect how long yours takes. But also, I'm making these in part to help people discover and embrace Carpokes (e.g., by creating new topics; posting answers to questions; visiting often; posting personal introductions; filling out profiles and avatars; referring friends to the site; etc.). I appreciate every single person who has joined to date, sincerely. That said, those who actively embrace the site are going to be top of mind as I make up these bezels, and may get theirs before others.

Here is my list. Please let me know if I'm missing anything....

@Acropora --Shark Blue tach and SC bezels (ready, just need to get to post office for these)
@BenQCarCare --guards red SC bezel (ready, please PM me to make arrangements)
@Wildstyle -- white SC (need to paint)
@Toolguy --red SC bezel (ready, please PM me to make arrangements)
@myjc --bordeaux tach and SC (SC ready, but need more paint for tach)
@ianmcall --yellow tach (need to paint, again, yellow hates me)
@Stbuk stbuk – silver tach (working on it)
@RC911S –Bordeaux SC bezel (need more paint)
@p4bombers – gulf blue (PM to discuss options; anything is possible... ;) )
@Streetsurfer – red SC bezel (need to paint)
@992CTS – yellow SC (to UK – might be expensive…. still need to paint)
@Jj123vw – still mulling color?
@Charlesbomr bordeaux SC bezel (maybe matte)
@MarkH gentian sc bezel
@baherrick bordeaux SC bezel

Charlesbomr
Would love to have the Clip on Bezel in matte bordeauxrot like the car belts in my Taycan. I will pay the shipping to Germany per PayPal :-)))) Thank you so much

MarkH
Hi Tom, all,

Thanks for letting me onboard and looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Currently have my trusty old porker (997 C4S) which is without sports chrono so will have to remain bezel less alas. However, I am awaiting the arrival of a Taycan CT4S so would really appreciate a Gentian Blue bezel if at all possible? Postage would be to the UK and I would be very happy to add to the paint fund as well if you’re accepting contributions.

All the very best, Mark

Tom
Site Admin
MarkH wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:06 pm Hi Tom, all,

Thanks for letting me onboard and looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Currently have my trusty old porker (997 C4S) which is without sports chrono so will have to remain bezel less alas. However, I am awaiting the arrival of a Taycan CT4S so would really appreciate a Gentian Blue bezel if at all possible? Postage would be to the UK and I would be very happy to add to the paint fund as well if you’re accepting contributions.

All the very best, Mark
Mark -- welcome aboard! You are in luck. I have one Gentian blue bezel that came out nicely for a person who opted for a different color. PM me to make arrangements. :)