2 months to hit 5,000 Members !!

Porsche talk that defies categories!
WillyDaP
We all need to tell our Porsche friends they need to become Pokemen, as we have two months to see if we can get the membership over 5,000. As a fairly new member I find this a refreshing place to go because folks are quite mellow and extremely willing to help each other. There seems to be a growing group of Trackrats coming here , so if you autocross or track your Porsche pleaser recommend your fellow drivers pop in here with current data. There are so many changes occurring with the growing group of folks who like to do HPDEs , Time Trials, or even road race , to exercise the muscular lineage or race machines in all of Porsche's lineage.

So, let friends know, Carpokes is a place to talk Porsche in a relaxed manner and one where old and new owners can help others understand the DNA of the German Legend. I have chatted with a few old friends who started with 924/944s and they were surprised with the expertise on those models here, especially since those folks really are enthusiastic to help others with those special models ( whose values are growing more and more ).

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S
2013 Blue/White Viper GTS Launch Edition
2022 Silver Ram W1500 Laramie CrewCab

Tom
Site Admin
Wow, what an awesome post! Thank you so much. That's honestly the best way for Carpokes to grow without changing the vibe -- when people invite their own friends and/or put the word out in the right places. I can work like crazy to build the platform, but ultimately Carpokes is and will become what everyone makes of it!

I've been watching closely to see how likely we are to get to 5k by year end. We're trending just under, and would need about 6 or 7 new members per day on average to get there. Not impossible, but a stretch at the current rate.

We're also at a disadvantage this month because our Panorama ad for the Nov issue was left out unintentionally. Pano is usually good for a healthy surge when it comes out, so if anyone has any ideas on how/where to promote in November -- preferably online -- I'm all ears!

No one likes spammers or shills, so be mindful to avoid that, but otherwise it really helps a lot when folks reference or link to Carpokes elsewhere -- but only when genuinely useful/relevant to something being discussed. Likewise, for Carpokeans who maintain their own sites, including a link to Capokes like this is super helpful on multiple fronts.

WillyDaP
Well with quite a few Holidays coming up ( Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas , etc. ) and many folks in those cold weather States where there are few automotive activities during the Winter, we just may have more folks looking for their car culture fix to help alleviate " Cabin Fever." To help with the cure, we need to suggest our Porsche friends gather here for a little Holiday Cheer, advice for the 2024 Track Season, and suggestions on what we should ask Santa to bring us for Christmas --- or in my case Mrs. Santa.
I know I tend to get even more active on Forums when the weather turns colder , so getting to 5K may not be such a task after all. I believe Panorama is a big help , but I am still of the conviction that if current members let their friends know , we will pick up new members at an even faster pace.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S

Tom
Site Admin
Totally agree. If everyone got one Porsche-loving friend to join, we'd double in size overnight. :)

Open to all -- Get a Porsche-loving friend to join Carpokes and post that you sent them here, and earn free Carpokes Karma points! :)

Larry C
I only know four Porsche owners who aren’t CP members. I just invited them to join. Maybe this campaign should be the main subject of next Friday’s newsletter? We can do this🤙🏻

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

WillyDaP
Going to a Porsche Dinner tonight , so I will remind some folks about the site, the ads on Panorama, and how everyone here is so mellow, cool, and helpful.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S

Tom
Site Admin
WillyDaP wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:08 am Going to a Porsche Dinner tonight , so I will remind some folks about the site, the ads on Panorama, and how everyone here is so mellow, cool, and helpful.
That's awesome, thanks! If not weird for the event, you might bring a laptop or phone and sign 'em up on the spot. I'll toss in a free mode dial cover for any p-car fan who joins and posts this weekend saying you invited them. :wave: :thumbup:

WillyDaP
It is a " New Members " Dinner and my wife and I are some of the new members, but I have a pocketful of " Carpokes Cards, " so those will get handed out to some of the folks I know.

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S

blueline
WillyDaP wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:55 am It is a " New Members " Dinner and my wife and I are some of the new members, but I have a pocketful of " Carpokes Cards, " so those will get handed out to some of the folks I know.
We have that same event for Musik-Stadt coming up on the 14th. Unfortunately, I'll not be able to pass out cards. I guess that will result in Carpokian demerit points...

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

WillyDaP
Nice to go out to dinner tonight with my wife and this time I don't have to pay for it, ha. Nice touch for new members of the Great Plains Region of the PCA, but then it is a very welcoming group and I have tracked with many of them for years and years!

2024 Chalk Cayman GTS
2020 White Macan S