Support bracket needed for Tial 38mm WG?

Talk and Tech about turbocharged 924/944/968 cars
TurboD
Hi all,

My car is currently at the shop for the latest round of upgrades. I am installing:
1. Tial 38mm WG with a 0.8 bar spring with the Fejjj adapter kit
2. Electronic Boost Controller
3. K26 based Evergreen Raptor Turbo

My car is an 87 with the one piece crossover pipe... so not ideal. The shop is telling me that they are going to need to cut the WG inlet section and clock it a bit and re-weld just to fit the WG. They've also told me that they don't think its a great idea to leave the WG unsupported, as the adapter kit doesn't come with any mount to the torque tube like the factory WG does. The shop suggests just getting the Lindsey Dual Port kit as its OEM fitment.

The cutting and rewelding of the WG feed on my one-piece crossover pipe is not ideal, but I think the most doable given my circumstances. Has anyone run the Tial 38mm WG without any support brackets? Should I just get the Lindsey DP WG to avoid this whole scenario?

Thanks for the input.

NCGermerican
Hmm. I'm thinking someone must have replaced your crossover pipe in the past. I also have an 87 but I have the 2 piece crossover with the "shrimp pipe" for the WG. I was also nervous about the WG not being supported - in fact, to get it to fit properly I had to remove the factory WG torque tube clamp.

If that clamp didn't have welded nuts on it, I could have flipped the WG mount side and used it to at least put a bolt through the flange on the longer WG pipe (that connects to the main exhaust). However, once I got everything installed and tightened down, it's on there pretty solid with no movement. I MAY try to locate a used torque tube clamp, grind off the nuts and just use a normal nut/bolt setup to see if that works. I hope that makes sense!

1987 951 - Nautic Blue over Linen
1987 944 S - Nautic Blue over Linen
2015 Audi RS5 Sepang Blue (Daily)
2023 Durango R/T AWD - Destroyer Grey (Wife's Daily)
2013 Audi A5 Quattro - Brilliant Black (Son's daily once he turns 16)