928 Repair site

Tech and Talk about the Porsche 928
cdrusn

Tom
Site Admin
Hi cdrusn, is that your website? Please introduce yourself and give some context.

p.s., Porsche somewhat famously protects its trademarks, so the site's name might raise some eyebrows. Rennlist was originally called Porschelist before Porsche's lawyers forced them to change it...

cdrusn
The site offers republishing as long as attribution is made to the site. Maintained by Robert Bockman.

Tom
Site Admin
cdrusn wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:12 pm The site offers republishing as long as attribution is made to the site. Maintained by Robert Bockman.
Hmmm, ok.

What is you affiliation with the site?

Can you tell us a little about yourself and your interest in Porsches?

With apologies for asking, but are you human or a bot? :angel:

cdrusn
Most would say i am human. I bought my current 1984 928 from an estate sale in Honolulu in 2001. It had 27,000 miles but not sure if it hadn't had the speedometer gear fixed at some point it now shows 31,000 miles. Always has run perfectly but it holds the family record of most tows. Right original aluminum ball joint failed (coincidentally next door to the Porsche dealer), bolts loosened up on right rear axle (no damage to undercarriage), leaky tranmission 'O' rings, fuel sending unit, several alternators, replaced all rubber fuel lines using 928srus kit, replaced all brake rotors and rubber brake pads. You know normal everyday failure items on a 928.

Tom
Site Admin
cdrusn wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:28 am Most would say i am human. I bought my current 1984 928 from an estate sale in Honolulu in 2001. It had 27,000 miles but not sure if it hadn't had the speedometer gear fixed at some point it now shows 31,000 miles. Always has run perfectly but it holds the family record of most tows. Right original aluminum ball joint failed (coincidentally next door to the Porsche dealer), bolts loosened up on right rear axle (no damage to undercarriage), leaky tranmission 'O' rings, fuel sending unit, several alternators, replaced all rubber fuel lines using 928srus kit, replaced all brake rotors and rubber brake pads. You know normal everyday failure items on a 928.
Alrighty then. Welcome aboard! Sorry for the questions, but posting the link without context made me wonder -- we've been getting spambots lately, so maybe I'm on high alert. 8-)

cdrusn
I have another repair site that permits a link to it. I think most 928 owners have been there it's been around a long time.
http://www.nichols.nu/tips.htm

Title of the site is: Porsche 928 maintenance Tips and Procedures