Shaftless Throttle bodies

Talk and Tech about turbocharged 924/944/968 cars
SirLapsalot
@gruhsy and @michaelmount123 - I would potentially be interested in 16V applications with plenum. Grushy, are you going to be running your plenum with the OE brake booster? Hard to tell from your post but is your application turbo or NA?

If the cost was, relatively speaking, reasonable and ITBs/Runners/Bell mouths/Plenum were made to fit in a 944 chassis with OE brake booster I'd seriously consider.

gruhsy
My setup is for a turbo.

I am also going to adapt it for 8V too.

I just got back last night from holidays hence me not posting much.

I will be visiting Fidelity this Friday to hopefully come up with the 16V start. It’s definitely going to be for stock brake booster.

I will be reaching out to AT Power and initially get a universal setup.

I need to confirm a couple measurements with Michael as the data he sent me is a little hard to read.

Just got to work right now on the motorcycle and going to be busy at work this week too but will update when I can.
SirLapsalot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:16 pm @gruhsy and @michaelmount123 - I would potentially be interested in 16V applications with plenum. Grushy, are you going to be running your plenum with the OE brake booster? Hard to tell from your post but is your application turbo or NA?

If the cost was, relatively speaking, reasonable and ITBs/Runners/Bell mouths/Plenum were made to fit in a 944 chassis with OE brake booster I'd seriously consider.

Tom
Site Admin
Any progress?

gruhsy
Tom wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:43 pmAny progress?
Yep

Just been plunking away at small projects for the cars that don’t require spending money

Trying to avoid spending at the moment as our dollar currently sucks. Need to get back into the 80 cents range against the US

Canadian to British Pound isn’t bad though
First purchase will be the single throttle-body hopefully before Christmas.

Was supposed to pull apart Soloracer’s engine this weekend but as luck would have it myself and 4 of my coworkers got sick with the Covid Plague.

I did manage to clean the nose panel on the Rage2 car and removed and cleaned the hood emblem yesterday. That was about the limit of my energy lol

Tom
Site Admin
gruhsy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:54 am
Yep

Just been plunking away at small projects for the cars that don’t require spending money

Trying to avoid spending at the moment as our dollar currently sucks. Need to get back into the 80 cents range against the US

Was supposed to pull apart Soloracer’s engine this weekend but as luck would have it myself and 4 of my coworkers got sick with the Covid Plague.

I did manage to clean the nose panel on the Rage2 car and removed and cleaned the hood emblem yesterday. That was about the limit of my energy lol

Ouch, sorry about the Covid. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery! If you are already cleaning hood emblems, it sounds like that covid will buff right out... I can only imagine the costs of those throttle bodies, but what an outstanding Christmas present they would make! I thought they were sourced in Canada, making exchange rates somewhat academic for you, no?

gruhsy
Tom wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:09 am
gruhsy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:54 am
Yep

Ouch, sorry about the Covid. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery! If you are already cleaning hood emblems, it sounds like that covid will buff right out... I can only imagine the costs of those throttle bodies, but what an outstanding Christmas present they would make! I thought they were sourced in Canada, making exchange rates somewhat academic for you, no?
No ATPower is in Great Britain and direct order only.

Hence me visiting them on my holiday trip in the beginning of October. It just worked out well going directly to their location as it was somewhat close to a place my wife and I already wanted to visit. It was a great roadtrip day.
Gotta say the divers in England are way better than North America lol.
10 days driving there an not one single person cut me off or did any other driving error.

Roundabouts rule.

Riding my motorcycle to work in Calgary for the summer I had people cut me off on a daily basis. My bike and riding gear is all high viz.

Next riding season I am packing a telescopic baton beat stick

Tom
Site Admin
Yeah, I remember your visit, somehow it just didn't stick in my head that it was in the UK. I went to London a lot during my working days, but never had the nerve to drive while there. Too many Americans-in-Europe movies with people stuck in round-abouts for hours and turning into on-coming traffic. :) I'm must say, flying to Europe to check out car parts is pretty hardcore. Good for you. :)

gruhsy
I highly recommend following ATPower on Facebook.

There are lots of updates on 911 stuff
There was a post just now from Patrickmotosports of a green 914. I believe it’s the Patrickmotosports from Phoenix Az that I was previously familiar with.

michaelmount123
Gruhsy has this to duplicate:

944 4V Intake.pdf
(403.1 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

gruhsy
michaelmount123 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:50 am Gruhsy has this to duplicate:

944 4V Intake.pdf
Was that the ATPower attachment or Jenvey?

The throttle body they recommended for me to get is one of the universal ovals