Old Panorama Issues

A friendly place to discuss whatever!
Stormy_Monday
So what do you do with old Panorama issues? I've got nine years worth encroaching everywhere? I'm too cheap to just toss them. They need to find a home somewhere. Anyone here gone through this?

grazie

Red Cars Rule
718 Boxster GTS 4.0

blueline
Stormy_Monday wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:52 pm So what do you do with old Panorama issues? I've got nine years worth encroaching everywhere? I'm too cheap to just toss them. They need to find a home somewhere. Anyone here gone through this?

grazie
Finding homes for high-value, high quality magazines such as Panorama is a worthy cause but a difficult one, so I gave up and just recycle them.

It's incredible how quickly magazines can accumulate and take up space - lots of it - especially if one has several subscriptions. They are heavy too, so even if you find somewhere to donate them, transportation becomes an issue. And forget about shipping, that would require a LTL freight carrier. Expensive to ship!

Of course, you could just let them accumulate and let those who come after you worry about disposal... :mrgreen:

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

ROB III
I used to have subscriptions to several US magazines and CAR, news letters or club magazines for a couple makes, but one day I realized how much space, time, and energy was needed to keep them organized, and then moving when I moved.....I've ended up giving most to friends who wanted them or recycle. And if there is a specific article from a few years back not having a yearly index makes searching entertaining but VERY time consuming.
So much is available on line now that unless there is a specific article I need/want, its just wasted space to keep everything. When I realize I did need/want something that I didn't have, I can usually find it on the web on Ebay or in back issue offers. I generally keep Pano for several years before moving on, and when I save something, its either a special feature article or something specific to 951's which is my current long time affliction.

J-Dub
I am currently building a garage and am considering inserting some magazines into the walls before dry wall. Not for insulation but for time a time capsule type of thing.

1957 VW Beetle
2004 VW R32
2021 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0

blueline
J-Dub wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:41 am I am currently building a garage and am considering inserting some magazines into the walls before dry wall. Not for insulation but for time a time capsule type of thing.
Put some pictures of you and your car in there along with progress pics of the garage build. That would be cool for someone to find 100 years from now! (Assuming the pics don't fade into oblivion!)

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

Tom_N
Yeah, hard to let old Pano and Car UKs go. I keep a select few that I'll like go back to. (Any published Letter to the Ed. is of course a keeper [;-}

2004 40 Jahre #1342 :thumbup: