Tips for Euro Delivery

Porsche talk that defies categories!
Porsche4Live
Wanted to summarize a few tips for Euro delivery:
- Euro delivery is free and you should take advantage of it
- Spots are limited and open periodically. You need to work with your dealer and directly with Euro delivery (their contact is provided in the description of the option in the build page.
- It includes an hotel night, lunch and different experience depending on which location you take
- Leipzig includes tour of Macan / Panamera facilities and track time. Track time is relatively limited though (~1h) so make the most of it.
- Stuttgart does not have track time but has the production of the 911 and 718. You get a museum tour.
- Euro delivery includes ~16 days of free license registration and insurance (very cool). They can install temporary (non-drill) front plate for those that live in a state that doesn't require front plate.
- They can equip your car with winter tires for free in winter
- Once you take the car in Germany, it is YOUR car. This makes the potential issues with shipping more complicated (was the issue there before you shipped the car?
- They will NOT wash your car for you. I heard of people getting exceptions but they did a contact wash and it ruined the paint. You NEED to locate a proper carwash and do it yourself.
- Driving on autobahn and in the alps is amazing. Highly recommend.

Others, jump in if I missed anything. Figured this would be useful to put out there.

blueline
Porsche4Live wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:30 am Wanted to summarize a few tips for Euro delivery:
- Euro delivery is free and you should take advantage of it
- Spots are limited and open periodically. You need to work with your dealer and directly with Euro delivery (their contact is provided in the description of the option in the build page.
- It includes an hotel night, lunch and different experience depending on which location you take
- Leipzig includes tour of Macan / Panamera facilities and track time. Track time is relatively limited though (~1h) so make the most of it.
- Stuttgart does not have track time but has the production of the 911 and 718. You get a museum tour.
- Euro delivery includes ~16 days of free license registration and insurance (very cool). They can install temporary (non-drill) front plate for those that live in a state that doesn't require front plate.
- They can equip your car with winter tires for free in winter
- Once you take the car in Germany, it is YOUR car. This makes the potential issues with shipping more complicated (was the issue there before you shipped the car?
- They will NOT wash your car for you. I heard of people getting exceptions but they did a contact wash and it ruined the paint. You NEED to locate a proper carwash and do it yourself.
- Driving on autobahn and in the alps is amazing. Highly recommend.

Others, jump in if I missed anything. Figured this would be useful to put out there.
This is great info! Thanks for following through with posting this info! :thumbup:

A few observations

- unfortunately there is now a $1,500 charge for Euro delivery. Porsche and/or dealers are pushing it at the moment because they currently will get an extra allocation of whatever model line (ie: 718 or 911) the customer is buying, at least on certain high-demand models. It's one of two new ADMs layered on top of cash that I recently encountered that's apparently taking hold for certain models. (It appears that Porsche is not only allowing ADMs but pushing them in different guises.)

The winter tires were mentioned to me as a possibility, so good to see that verified. The crappy car wash is disheartening to hear. No excuse for that at all.

Very important info in your post regarding the shipping hassles. Good to know that. If I do a Euro delivery (forced or by choice), I think I'll not even take physical delivery or drive the car over there. Porsche allows you to officially take delivery while simultaneously leaving the car with Porsche to resume the normal ship-to-North America process. I don't think you even drive your car in that case. However, you get the other benefits of Euro delivery (whatever they might be) and then just rent a car or come straight back home. (The dealer offered to send someone as a proxy to take the currently required Euro delivery in the event the customer doesn't want to go. It's all a bit bizarre for everyone - customers and dealerships.)

PS - I'm going to move this topic to the "All Things Porsche!" sub-forum since it applies to more than just current gen 91l's. (Also, Tom is planning on merging "All Things Porsche!" into "The O,K. Corral", and then splitting the water-cooled 911's into two subs "996 - 997" and "991 - 992", so look for that too.)

I'll leave a shadow copy of your topic in the "996, 997, 991, 992" sub-forum that will be there for a few days.

Here's a screenshot from the Configurator:

Euro $1500 delivery fee configurator  charge screenshot 2023-04-16.png
Euro $1500 delivery fee configurator charge screenshot 2023-04-16.png (128.79 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

toddinmd
I did ED back in Oct 2013 of a 981 Cayman S. Fun trip.

For the winter tires, the tires maybe mounted on different wheels then what you ordered for the car. We found a car wash close to the factory and used it before dropping the car off. I had a couple minor fit/finish issues with the car, that I noted when I dropped it off. The factory fixed them all before shipping it out. I ended up getting lucky on the boat timing, and had the car in 23 days after I dropped it off. When the car goes thru port, it is subject to a customs search since you are the owner and had the car.

BMW used to give a discount for ED cars, and I knew of people that would fly to Munich, take delivery and return the car to fly back the same or next day. Just to get the discount.
Attachments
DSC_0678.jpeg
DSC_0678.jpeg (259.55 KiB) Viewed 645 times

--
2018 991.2 GT3
2022 Taycan CT4

blueline
toddinmd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:53 am I did ED back in Oct 2013 of a 981 Cayman S. Fun trip.

For the winter tires, the tires maybe mounted on different wheels then what you ordered for the car. We found a car wash close to the factory and used it before dropping the car off. I had a couple minor fit/finish issues with the car, that I noted when I dropped it off. The factory fixed them all before shipping it out. I ended up getting lucky on the boat timing, and had the car in 23 days after I dropped it off. When the car goes thru port, it is subject to a customs search since you are the owner and had the car.

BMW used to give a discount for ED cars, and I knew of people that would fly to Munich, take delivery and return the car to fly back the same or next day. Just to get the discount.
Discounts for Euro delivery - those are in the past now unfortunately, at least as far as Porsche is concerned if it was ever the case before (for Porsche).

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

Porsche4Live
blueline wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:11 am
toddinmd wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:53 am I did ED back in Oct 2013 of a 981 Cayman S. Fun trip.

Discounts for Euro delivery - those are in the past now unfortunately, at least as far as Porsche is concerned if it was ever the case before (for Porsche).
Actually its still free. The $1,500 option is if you want to do BOTH Leipzig and Suttgart.

If you do one OR the other its still free.

Dealers pay $3,000 or so but get an extra allocation.

Some dealers will ask you the $3,000.

blueline
Porsche4Live wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:46 pm
blueline wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:11 am

Actually its still free. The $1,500 option is if you want to do BOTH Leipzig and Suttgart.

If you do one OR the other its still free.

Dealers pay $3,000 or so but get an extra allocation.

Some dealers will ask you the $3,000.
Dealers are now paying around $3,500 billed to parts dept in addition to the $1,500 charge to customers. I saw the internal dealership memo last week regarding the parts dept charge. It's been increased along with everything else Porsche related. And the $1,500 Euro fee is there no matter what at this point, also per dealer internal docs. It doesn't matter whether just one of Leipzig or Stuttgart. (See my screenshot of the current configurator - $1,500 for either Leipzig or Stuttgart.)

This was all new as of last Monday. I received my GT4-RS allocation and was at the dealership to verify. (I may end up passing on the allocation.) I don't know whether it sticks or not but $1,500 is where Euro delivery is at the moment. Try configuring a Euro delivery and I think you'll see what I mean.

It may change next month or next week or tomorrow, but as of right now $1,500 is the fee.

PS - I hope you're info is correct but from what I've been told and what I've seen, it all appears to verify the new fee.

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

emd710
$1500 is the fee for ED; used to be "free" in the configurator but no longer.

The fee for the ATL and LA PEC deliveries also went up. Noticed it on the Macan too. A bit of a bummer. We enjoyed doing the ATL experience center delivery last year on our Macan.

Maybe I will order 1 more Porsche in my life and choose LA delivery. I have always wanted to road trip across the US..

RDMcG
I have done it often and drop the car back to Zuffenhausen for Porsche to ship home.

One great benefit is that you can go to the Nürburgring and you are insured on the standard PORSCHE temporary insurance for Touristenfahrten days. ( obviously the Ring is closed in winter but I always time and ED to allow for as much track time as I can)....
TF15D_0108D.jpg
TF15D_0108D.jpg (409.03 KiB) Viewed 269 times

Stormy_Monday
emd710 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:53 am $1500 is the fee for ED; used to be "free" in the configurator but no longer.

The fee for the ATL and LA PEC deliveries also went up. Noticed it on the Macan too. A bit of a bummer. We enjoyed doing the ATL experience center delivery last year on our Macan.

Maybe I will order 1 more Porsche in my life and choose LA delivery. I have always wanted to road trip across the US..
when I ordered my car in 2021, Porsche changed the delivery options to not let me have it delivered to LA. Another casualty of the apocalypse.....

Red Cars Rule
718 Boxster GTS 4.0